Monday, May 19, 2008

Internship @ ESRI - Day 1

I wrote earlier about my summer internship at ESRI. That time I wasn't very sure what it'll be like working for this company. Plus there was this whole hassle of moving to Redlands for the summer. Not to mention I had my finals and project submissions/presentations to take care of. In all that frenzy I never thought about how it would be like once I am there at the headquarters of the Global GIS leader.

But I was pleasantly surprised by the way I was treated today, my 1st day at ESRI. First, the headquarter is more like a college campus. The lush green grass and countless trees (protecting you from the deadly heat) just brings smile to your face. Secondly, the offices are well equipped with state-of-the-art technology yet they are designed to preserve as much normalcy as possible. And finally, the people who made ESRI the global leader, are not only intelligent and creative group of people but also they are friendly, courteous and welcoming.

Today was mostly about providing me with the general idea off ESRI products. However, I am more excited about the task that I will be eventually assigned: programming in C#.net. What? Do you think that I will actually tell you about the task. I am no Mark Jen :-)


Well I will keep posting about my experience at ESRI. Anybody out there who is thinking about joining ESRI as an intern or full-time employee, please don't waste time , just join the company. It is a great place with lot of cool innovation and development underway. Will it help if I tell you that they have far more advanced tool then Google maps?

No comments: